Saturday, March 7, 2009

Japan

I'm watching my first baseball game of 2009, and it's Japan vs. Korea in the World Baseball Classic. And it's amazing - only two batters and already Japan has two on and none out and the sight of Ichiro coming up to the plate literally made me shiver.

God I love this game.

I've decided to root for Japan in this matchup, because Ichiro is exciting and the Red Sox' Daisuke Matsuzaka, and I think all of those Japanese Game Shows I watched last night with my houstemates are a good omen.

Oh yeah, look at that! Another single and Ichiro scores from second.

This game will hopefully fulfill my good baseball quota before I watch the Netherlands take on the Dominican Republic tonight. I think I'll root for the Netherlands, but I don't actually believe that they have a chance...

1 comment:

Giovanna said...

So much for no chance for the Netherlands! That was a surprise...