Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Baseball Heart


This morning I logged on to find that my sister has written countless posts about the World baseball classic and everything else baseball, when I have one single post at the bottom of the page from last October. Actually it's probably not even on the page anymore.




There are many things I could blame this on, but I won't try, because I know baseball is my first priority. And it's not that I haven't thought abaout baseball, becasue I have. I just haven't got around to writing about it. So, here goes...




It's MARCH!!!!!! My first big reminder of baseball season was a couple of weeks ago when I turned on the TV and found that TiVo had 3 episodes of NEW baseball tonights (This was before we lost cable and I've had to turn to slow and choppy MLB.TV connections)!!! And now I find it everywhere. My school's baseball team has practices every day now, and sometimes I get to sit after school and score a practice game, either in sun or snow (Portland can never make up its mind!).


And then there's the World Baseball Classic. My team this year was Italy. A slightly unusual choice I guess, but I just got accepted to go on exchange to Italy for my junior year. And I was pleasantly surprised by their first game! Sure, they lost to Venezuela, and it was an ugly score, but they were so much better than I expected, especially the defense.... And the Italy team reminded me of why I love baseball so much. The best part about watching baseball, for me, is seeing people like Jacoby, DPed, and Papi. They look like playing baseball makes them happy, and it's the same for the Italian players. They are full of baseball heart! The worst thing is to watch baseball players who look bored... maybe that's why so man people seem to think baseball is boring nowadays?

Seeing the baseball heart on the Italian team makes me even more excited for opening day!!!

No comments: